We will be meeting in Little Island Scout Hall for our camp at 2pm on Saturday 1st October and Cubs are to be collected at 2pm on Sunday 2nd October.
GEAR LIST required for camp:
- Sleeping bag & ground mat.
- Hiking Boots & Spare Shoes that can get wet.
- Old Shoes/clothes (these may become muddy)
- Trousers, Tracksuit or Hiking Pants (No Jeans) x 2
- T-Shirts x 3
- Jumpers or Fleeces x 2
- Change of underwear/ socks (3 pairs at least)
- Hat, Gloves & Scarf/ buff
- Waterproof Jacket with Hood
- Waterproof Pants
- Toiletries – Tooth Brush and Toothpaste
- Fork, Spoon, Plate, Mug, Bowl
- Rubbish Bag
- Torch & spare battery/bulb
- Tea Towel
- Hand towel
- Rucksack to hold all gear (no suitcases or multiple bags)
Note: No electronic devices (ie: mobile phones, tablets, mp3s) are allowed on camp.
All gear on the list must be brought to camp, and must be labeled clearly with your child’s name.
Any questions please contact me.
Dear Parents and Friends,
A Registration Night and Annual General Meeting for the 55th Cork – Carrigaline, Scout Group will take place on Thursday, 06th October 2016 in the Scout Hall, commencing at 8:30pm. All parents of youth members are invited to attend and contribute to the meeting, enabling the Group Council to hear, absorb and act on parents suggestions, concerns and considerations for the coming Scout year 2016/17.
The Treasurer and Scouters from each Section will be available immediately after the AGM to facilitate Youth Members registration for the coming year. You can facilitate this process by completing the online registration form (if you haven’t already returned your paper copy), and completing the payment process on the night. Tea & Coffee will be available and you will get the opportunity to meet and discuss your child’s Scouting Journey with the Scouters from their sections.
This is an important night in the Scouting Calendar as it will help focus the direction of the Group for the coming year. We strongly encourage all parents/guardians of our youth members to come along and learn about what your group will be doing this year.
We look forward to seeing you on the 6th Oct at 8:30pm
Yours In Scouting
55th Cork, Carrigaline Scout Group Council
A new facility to submit registration details for youth members [whose applications to join have been accepted] is currently open. The registration form will remain open until the end of September. The Group will host a registration & fees night (date to be confirmed) in September, to facilitate payment of subscriptions, and to collect the required consent forms.
Please note, this is a registration form. This is NOT an application form. The application period for the current Scouting year is closed.
Registration forms for persons whose application have not been accepted for the current scouting year will not be processed.
Yours in Scouting
55th Cork Carrigaline – Beaver Section – Beaver Programme – September–December 2016
|Date||Activity||Time & Location|
|Tuesday 13th||First Night – Introductions – What is Scouting – Games – Opening & Closing Ceremonies||6.30 – 8.00 Hall|
|Tuesday 20th||Lodges and Programme Activities
Chief Scout Award intro (3rd year only)
|6.30 – 8.00 Hall|
|Tuesday 27th||Playground trip and Climbing Wall||6.30 – 8.00 Hall|
|Tuesday 4th||Pioneering #1 – Spaghetti & Marshmallows and Bamboo & Elastic Bands||6.30 – 8.00 Hall|
|Tuesday 11th||Pioneering #2 – Knots and Lashings||6.30 – 8.00 Hall|
|Saturday 16th||County Beaver Hike (organised by Blackrock Beavers)||TBC|
|Tuesday 18th||Backwoods Cooking & Campfire Songs
Beaver Investiture Ceremony
|6.30 – 8.00 Hall|
|Week of 24th||County Halloween party,
Doyle Road Scout Hall, Cork
|Saturday 29th||Halloween Party & & Sleepover in Hall
Fancy Dress & Halloween Games
|Tuesday 01st||Mid-Term – No Beavers|
|Tuesday 8th||Night Hike – Crosshaven to Middle Carpark Picnic area||6.30 – 8.00
Start – Car Park at Crosshaven end of walk
|Saturday 12th||Donnybrook to Douglas Hike & Cinema||TBC|
|Tuesday 15th||Climbing Wall & Programme Activities||6.30 – 8.00 Hall|
|Tuesday 22th||Olden Times Activities||6.30 – 8.00 Hall|
|Friday 25th||Chief Scout Award candidates – 10km Hike & Overnight Blackrock Hall||TBC (joint activity with Passage and Blackrock Beavers)|
|Tuesday 29th||Archery and Games||6.30 – 8.00 Hall|
|TBC – late Nov.||County Scout Mass and Gift Giving||TBC|
|Tuesday 06th||Christmas Arts and Crafts||6.30 – 8.00 Hall|
|Tuesday 13th||Christmas Party Games||6.30 – 8.00 Hall|
|TBC||County Beaver Christmas Party||TBC|
|Monday 19th – Saturday 24th||Christmas Bag Packing Fundraiser
(Parental involvement requested – 3 hour sessions – vital fundraiser)
|Dunnes Stores, Douglas
All of these dates, times and events are subject to change!
Please keep an eye on the website weekly, as any changes to these will be posted on www.55cork.com.
If you have any problems or queries please feel free to contact us on 55CorkBeavers@gmail.com or call me on 087-6786776.
Yours in Scouting
Section Leader – Beavers, 55th Cork Scouts – Carrigaline
With the new scouting year fast approaching, please find below the start dates of each of the 4 sections;
Beavers – Tuesday 13th September (6:30pm – 8pm)
Cubs – Wednesday 14th September (7pm – 8:30pm)
Scouts – Monday 12th September (7pm – 9pm)
Ventures – Thursday 15th September (8pm)
We look forward to seeing everyone and to a fantastic year
55th Cork Scouters
The group awards night will take place in St. Mary’s National School in Waterpark, Carrigaline, on the 17th of June (Friday) from 7:30 onwards.
All are welcome, and we would ask that at least one parent/guardian of every youth member attend as all our youth members have done phenomenal work throughout the year, across all sections.
Refreshments will be provided and we would encourage everyone to stay and have a chat and a cup of tea afterwards!
55th Cork Scouters
1. Tomorrow Thursday 16th June, we are attending Fossets circus in Carrigaline. We will meet at Lidl car park at 6.30pm and collection there afterwards at 9.30pm. As the tickets we received were free they ask that NO FOOD OR DRINKS be brought to the event.
Scout deal – popcorn or candy floss and soft drink/water for €5.
Neckerchiefs must be worn.
2. Awards night this Friday 17th June in St Mary’s n.s, Waterpark, Carrigaline from 7.30pm – 8.30pm with tea/coffee afterwards. We would ask at least one parent attend as the Cubs will receive the badges they’ve worked hard on all year.
3. Water activities and BBQ at Loughbeg beach on Saturday 18th June is from 11am to 3.30pm. Cubs are to bring wetsuits or clothes and shoes that can get wet, a change of warm clothes, sun cream, snacks and water.
4. Next Wednesday night 22nd June, Cubs are having a cake sale in the hall from 7.30pm to 8.30pm where their families are invited to buy cakes to take home or buy a tea/coffee with a cake to relax at the hall. This event is planned by our 3 Cub scouts who are working towards their Chief Cub award this year and all our other cubs have offered to help them. All monies made on the night they wish to donate to Amy to help with her expenses in traveling to Italy to achieve her explorer belt in July. We will be down in the hall from 6.30pm to set up & receive any cakes contributions that you would like to make. Thank you in advance from Rebecca, Laura & Zoe.
5. Finally, on Wednesday 29th we’re planning our last meeting as a treat to awesome walls and play area. The group have kindly offered to pay for this trip for our Cubs but I do need to know numbers by tomorrow lunchtime (Thursday 16th june) to be able book and pay deposit for same.
The Beavers and Cubs are kayaking and raft building on Saturday 18th June at Loughbeg beach near Ringaskiddy.
We will be meeting at the beach @ 11am and finished @ 3.30.
Route to the layby/parking area by the beach – https://goo.gl/maps/HRn6q
The cost for the day is €5