With the new scouting year fast approaching, please find below the start dates of each of the 4 sections;
Beavers – Tuesday 13th September (6:30pm – 8pm)
Cubs – Wednesday 14th September (7pm – 8:30pm)
Scouts – Monday 12th September (7pm – 9pm)
Ventures – Thursday 15th September (8pm)
We look forward to seeing everyone and to a fantastic year
55th Cork Scouters
The group awards night will take place in St. Mary’s National School in Waterpark, Carrigaline, on the 17th of June (Friday) from 7:30 onwards.
All are welcome, and we would ask that at least one parent/guardian of every youth member attend as all our youth members have done phenomenal work throughout the year, across all sections.
Refreshments will be provided and we would encourage everyone to stay and have a chat and a cup of tea afterwards!
55th Cork Scouters
1. Tomorrow Thursday 16th June, we are attending Fossets circus in Carrigaline. We will meet at Lidl car park at 6.30pm and collection there afterwards at 9.30pm. As the tickets we received were free they ask that NO FOOD OR DRINKS be brought to the event.
Scout deal – popcorn or candy floss and soft drink/water for €5.
Neckerchiefs must be worn.
2. Awards night this Friday 17th June in St Mary’s n.s, Waterpark, Carrigaline from 7.30pm – 8.30pm with tea/coffee afterwards. We would ask at least one parent attend as the Cubs will receive the badges they’ve worked hard on all year.
3. Water activities and BBQ at Loughbeg beach on Saturday 18th June is from 11am to 3.30pm. Cubs are to bring wetsuits or clothes and shoes that can get wet, a change of warm clothes, sun cream, snacks and water.
4. Next Wednesday night 22nd June, Cubs are having a cake sale in the hall from 7.30pm to 8.30pm where their families are invited to buy cakes to take home or buy a tea/coffee with a cake to relax at the hall. This event is planned by our 3 Cub scouts who are working towards their Chief Cub award this year and all our other cubs have offered to help them. All monies made on the night they wish to donate to Amy to help with her expenses in traveling to Italy to achieve her explorer belt in July. We will be down in the hall from 6.30pm to set up & receive any cakes contributions that you would like to make. Thank you in advance from Rebecca, Laura & Zoe.
5. Finally, on Wednesday 29th we’re planning our last meeting as a treat to awesome walls and play area. The group have kindly offered to pay for this trip for our Cubs but I do need to know numbers by tomorrow lunchtime (Thursday 16th june) to be able book and pay deposit for same.
The Beavers and Cubs are kayaking and raft building on Saturday 18th June at Loughbeg beach near Ringaskiddy.
We will be meeting at the beach @ 11am and finished @ 3.30.
Route to the layby/parking area by the beach – https://goo.gl/maps/HRn6q
The cost for the day is €5
In the event a child needs to be collected from Jamóige, please find directions to the campsite below
Car and Trailer Access from the N69
Drive through the village of Kildimo, approach the turn off for Pallaskenry L1241.
Proceed towards Pallaskenry.
Approaching the village with the GAA straight ahead turn to the right of the main road.
Access to parking and drop area is just passed the Farm gate on that road.
Traffic exiting turns left and then right on to the L8065.
Access on to the N69 at the end of this road.
Beaver Section JamOige 2016 Info
We are all looking forward to going to JamOige with the Beavers on Saturday 04 June 2016
Bus Travelling by private coach to/from JamOige with either Passage West Beavers or our Cubs.
Pick-up: Outside Carrigaline Community School 10:30 am Saturday 04 June 2016
Pick-up: Outside Carrigaline Community School between 4 and 5 pm Monday 06 June 2016 (we will text/WhatsApp on the day to confirm time)
*Uniform* For this event- all Beavers need to travel in their full uniform please
Overnight camping Saturday night 04 June and Sunday night 05 June 2016
Jamboree Activities throughout the day and evening on 04/ 05/ 06 June
Cost already Paid in Full
Location Scout campsite at the agricultural college in Pallaskenry, Co. Limerick
Event website https://www.facebook.com/jamoige2016/
Treats – if you wish to send treats with you Beaver, please limit it to a small zip lock bag only.
Spending Money max of €10 per Beaver for on-site Tuck Shop (in envelope to be held by leaders)
PARENTAL CONSENT / MEDICAL CONDITIONS / ALLERGIES /MEDICATIONS
Parental Consent and Medications Forms – these were sent home last Tuesday, please complete, *sign* and return next Tuesday night
We really do need to be aware of any allergies (including to paracetamol (Calpol) or ibuprofen (Neurofen)) and any food intolerances (lactose, nuts, etc.) that you are aware of.
Please send any necessary medications in a bag with child’s name please
Please advise of any dietary requirements in advance.
Full Beaver Uniform
Sleeping Bag & Camping mat/mattress
Several changes of clothes/underwear/footwear
Toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, small towel – all in a small bag
Plastic plate/bowl/cup & small knife/fork/spoon
Full rain gear (jacket & trousers) & Outdoor shoes
Warm jacket/jumper for night activities
Torch (handtorch or head torch)
Pyjamas (and teddy if required)
Sunscreen (hopefully essential)
Plastic Bags for wet/dirty clothing
Event required – Notebook and Pencil
Please write both their names and 55Cork on *everything*, so that lost items can be re-united with their owners (remember there will be 3,500 under 12s at this event – lots of stuff will get lost).
Washable marker/pen is fine on clothing, it just has to last for JamOige.
If you have any problems or queries please feel free to contact us on email@example.com, via the JamOige WhatsApp group or call me on 087-6786776
Yours in scouting
Jamóige 2016 – Final information
With Jamóige fast approaching this is the final note with all of the information for the weekend.
Please find attached a copy of the gear list for camp – It’s important that Cubs have packed everything on the list, and it must fit into one rucksack and day bag (no suitcases, gear bags, hold all’s). Please pack and bring down rucksacks to the hall on the Wednesday prior to Jamóige (1st June) so we can check that cubs have everything they need and are all set for camp.
We are meeting outside Carrigaline Community School at 1:45pm on Friday 3rd of June. The bus will be leaving at 2:15pm sharp.
The estimated time of arrival in Cork on Monday 6th June is 5pm, we will text parents on departing the campsite with a more accurate time of arrival.
There will be a tuck shop onsite over the weekend – selling sweets etc.
If you decide your son or daughter can bring money for same, then please put it in an envelope clearly marked with their name and the amount which can be given to a leader at the bus prior to departure.
The amount is strictly capped at €15 per cub.
Consent forms and Managing medications forms
Please ensure if any information given on the consent forms and/or managing medication forms returned at the last meeting has changed that you let us know as soon as possible so as new form can be filled out prior to departure.
In the event a child needs to come home from camp early due to homesickness or illness, one parent must be available to travel to Pallacekenry within three hours of the phone call. This is to ensure the continued safety and well being of all cubs on camp, and to minimise the distress of the affected child.
Be sure to keep an eye on facebook throughout the weekend for updates and photos of all the goings on!
If you have any questions in regards to any of the above, please contact Karen or Amy and we’ll do our best to answer them.
Karen, Amy, Greg and Rebecca
Jamóige Gear List
Below is the gear list for Jamóige 2016. Cubs must have ALL items on the list, and all gear must be placed in plastic bags and packed into a rucksack (No multiple bags, suitcases, wheelie bags, gear bags). All cubs must also have a day bag (i.e. School bag) which some gear can be packed in. If you have any questions or trouble sourcing any of the gear, please feel free to contact me as gear can be borrowed for the camp if needs be.
Amy (087 317 4355)
- Sleeping Bag
- Ground Mat
- Pillow (if required)
- T-Shirts x3
- Trousers/shorts x2
- Hoodie/Fleece x2
- Change of Underwear x5
- Socks x6 (Minimum – wet feet = cold cubs!)
- Spare Change of Clothes
- In a separate plastic bag within the main bag
- Aztec Costume
- Google is great for ideas – patterns, colours, feathers!
- Wet Weather Gear
- Rain Jacket
- Rain Pants
- Tea Towel
- Face Cloth
- Bath Towel
- Toiletries (Toothbrush, Toothpaste, small bar of soap, sun-cream)
- Warm hat/scarf
- Baseball hat
- Torch and spare batteries
- Bivy bag
- Eating gear
- Water bottle (separate to below)
- 500ml plastic bottle with lid
- Neckerchief (To be worn on the bus and at ALL TIMES)
- Hiking boots (To be worn on the bus)
- 2Lr Milk carton
- Notebook, Pen and Pencil
Jamóige 2016 – Rules
- Neckerchief to be worn at all times
- Sleep time 11:30pm
- Talk quietly if awake before wake up time
- Health/good foods
- Clean cutlery bowl and plate yourself after each meal
- Tidy up
- No eating in the tents – sticky food or fizzy drinks – No chewing gum allowed on camp
- Keep your corner tidy
- Bag your rubbish
- Keep your personal gear tidy – everything to be kept in your bag
- Pack all gear on the list
- Remove boots/shoes before entering the tent
- Everything to be brought in one rucksack and one day-bag
- No going off on your own – always have your buddy with you and tell leaders where you are headed
- Wash and brush teeth and change clothes daily
HAVE FUN J
The Cub County Challenge day takes place this Saturday (21st May) in Kilcully scout campsite.
We will be meeting at 9:20am and collection is at 5pm
All cubs will need
- Neckerchief – Must be worn
- Rain Gear
- Packed Lunch
- Change of clothes
Uniform is not needed
Please ensure everything is in a day bag with your cubs name marked clearly on everything.
Cork South County Beaver Camp
14/15 May 2016
We will be going to Kilcully Scout campsite with the Beavers for County Beaver Camp on Saturday 14 May 2016.
- Arrival & afternoon activities (Silly Olympics) from 14:00 Saturday 14 May
- Campfire and Overnight camping, Saturday night 14 May
- Morning activities (River Walk and Scavenger Hunt) Sunday 15 May
- Collection 12:00 Sunday 15 May
Cost €15/head for camping/food/activities
Location Scout campsite Kilcully (~1km north of Blackpool, Cork) www.kilcully.com/
Gear List (please mark all personal gear with name and 55 Cork)
- Sleeping Bag & Camping mat/mattress
- Full change of clothes/underwear/footwear
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, small towel all in a small bag
- Plastic plate/bowl/cup & small knife/fork/spoon
- Rain gear & Outdoor shoes
- Warm jacket/jumper for night activities
- Torch (handtorch or head torch)
- Pyjamas (and teddy if required)
- Sunscreen (hopefully essential)
Please advise of any dietary requirements in advance.
If you have any problems or queries please feel free to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 087-6786776
Yours in scouting
Next week is midterm but we would ask all Cubs going to Jamoige to come to the Scout Hall from 7pm to 8pm next Wednesday night (4th May) to group together and pitch their tents as a practice run.
Cub county Challenge day is Saturday the 21st of May in Killcully Campsite from approx. 9:15am to 5pm. It’s a fun day out where cubs learns new skills, have fun and earn a badge. Rani gear, a packed lunch and a Neckerchief are essential. Cost is €10 per Cub.
Please text me by Friday the 29th of April if your son or daughter would like to attend as we have to submit numbers to the county.
We’ve been given ‘Aztecs’ as our sub-camp for the camp, and we’re each asked to bring the following items with us:
- A pencil and Notebook
- An empty (Clean) 2lr milk carton
- A costume (Aztec themed) which will be worn during the campfire on Saturday and at the birthday celebration Sunday
There will be a tuck shop on site and if you decide you son/daughter can bring money for same then please put it in an envelope clearly marked with their name and the amount which can be given to a leader at the bus prior to departure.
We will provide further updates closer to June.
Any Questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.